Speed Week 2019
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 4th March to Friday 8th March 2019
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.
|14/08/2018||2019 Speed Week Entry forms are now available.|
|14/08/2018||New layout maps for tracks, start line and pits have now been published. Please take some time and check them out for what has changed.|
|12/08/2018||To comply with Australian and South Australian WorkSafe Regulations the DLRA will be introducing some changes in 2019.
It will be a mandatory part of Speed Week Entry form to attach a Fuel Storage Register and relevant Safety Data Sheets for each type of hazardous fuel stored and used within an Entrants pit. There are also regulations as to how fuel must be stored. The entrants pit will also be required to placarded with warning signs for each hazardous fuel type and the entrants vehicle will be required to display signage indicating the type of hazardous fuel used. Failure to comply with these regulations will result in an entrants entry not being accepted for Speed Week.
|11/08/2018||The 2019 Volunteers Register is now open. You can view all the jobs and see what work is involved. All entrants must volunteer for at least one session over Speed Week. Supporters and other interested people are more than welcome to nominate for a job, it's great way to meet people and help with the event. There are many jobs where you don't need specific skills. But if you have experience in a particular area we'd love to hear from you too.|
To enter Speed Week
|Join, or renew, your membership
• You must be a DLRA member to enter Speed Week
• There is a once off joining fee to be a member of the club, this includes subscription for that year.
• Existing members will be receive a renewal notice to pay their annual subscription.
|Complete your entry on-line (or download a form)
• Entry Form Clearly filled out & signed by Owner & Drivers / Riders.
then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, then
• Registration Van opens Friday.
• Listen to the Entrant and Rookie Orientation presentation.
|Go to Technical Inspection
• Tech Inspection opens Friday Afternoon
• You must take your DLRA Vehicle Log Book
• All Drivers / Riders with their personal safety gear must present at Tech Inspection. Remember to check the compliance labels and dates on your gear.
• Tender vehicles must be presented at the same time for inspection, fitted with all safety equipment.
• Return Inspection Sheet(s) to Registration to get your Inspection Sticker, no sticker - no race
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Inspection area during business hours
|Attend the Drivers Briefing
• All Entrants must attend the drivers briefing held at the Tech Inspection Area in the pits at 4.00pm. on the Sunday afternoon. A roll will be called, if your name is not ticked off, you cannot race until you have attended a briefing. After the briefing there will be a drive of the track. Rookies or first time entrants will have to attend a seperate briefing
Entries for the 29th Annual 2019 Speed Week will open around October. As entries are received they will be added to this list.
- Pre-Entries will close approx 1 month prior to the event, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- Record Speeds shown in BLUE are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.
- Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in that class.
- VR* - those entrants marked with an "*" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2019 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
Thank you to our very generous and supportive Speed Week Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact our Marketing Manager - email@example.com