Speed Week 2019
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 4th March to Friday 8th March 2019
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.
World Speed Trials: We have been asked several times if there will be an international event in 2019, the answer is no and the reason is simple, it's too much to expect DLRA officials to give up 2 weeks of their holidays or leave without pay every year, and it wears these people out. Hope you understand the work and dedication involved in putting on an event like this. We are already working towards a combined FIA & FIM meet for 2020.
New Classes: There have been a number of new classes introduced for cars and bikes. There is now a category for NASCAR styles from 1948 through to
2013, AUSCAR’s from all years and Supercars from 1991
to current. All these cars will pretty much run as they are
/ were with some modifications to roll bars and other safety equipment. They will run the same configuration
and engines as they did in the day. There is potential
to open-up more classes for circuit style competition
vehicles in the future.
Introduction of Australian Records: One of the big changes for 2019 is that we will be moving from one pass records to two-run average speed records.
Speed Week Entries: The On-line Entry portal is now up and running, entrants can apply and pay on-line, payment options for lake entry, DLRA camping and t-shirts
Volunteers Register: The Volunteers Register is now open for 2019. All entrants must nominate for at least one job during Speed Week. Members and supporters are more than welcome to nominate as well, we can't run an event without our amazing volunteers.
Entry Forms: 2019 Speed Week Entry forms are now available for download.
Track Layout Maps: New layout maps for tracks, start line and pits have now been published. Please take some time and check them out for what has changed. Weather and conditions permitting, Track 2 will now offer a full timed mile.
Fuel Storage Register: To comply with Australian and South Australian Work-safe Regulations the DLRA will be introducing some changes in 2019.
Volunteers Register: The 2019 Volunteers Register is now open. You can view all the jobs and see what work is involved. All entrants must volunteer for at least one session over Speed Week. Supporters and other interested people are more than welcome to nominate for a job, it's great way to meet people and help with the event. There are many jobs where you don't need specific skills. But if you have experience in a particular area we'd love to hear from you too.
NEW!! Timing Plaques are back!!
Speed Week Entrants can now order an engraved timing plaque with their results on it.
To enter Speed Week
|Join, or renew, your membership
• You must be a DLRA member to enter Speed Week
• There is a once off joining fee to be a member of the club, this includes subscription for that year.
• Existing members will be receive a renewal notice to pay their annual subscription.
|Complete your entry on-line (or download a form)
• Entry Form Clearly filled out & signed by Owner & Drivers / Riders.
then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, and then
• Registration Van opens Friday.
• Listen to the Entrant and Rookie Orientation presentation.
|Go to Technical Inspection
• Tech Inspection opens Friday Afternoon
• You must take your DLRA Vehicle Log Book
• All Drivers / Riders with their personal safety gear must present at Tech Inspection. Remember to check the compliance labels and dates on your gear.
• Tender vehicles must be presented at the same time for inspection, fitted with all safety equipment.
• Return Inspection Sheet(s) to Registration to get your Inspection Sticker, no sticker - no race
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Inspection area during business hours
|Attend the Drivers Briefing
• All Entrants must attend the drivers briefing held at the Tech Inspection Area in the pits at 4.00pm. on the Sunday afternoon. A roll will be called, if your name is not ticked off, you cannot race until you have attended a briefing. After the briefing there will be a drive of the track. Rookies or first time entrants will have to attend a separate briefing
Entries for the 29th Annual 2019 Speed Week are now open. As completed entries are received they will be added to this list.
- Pre-Entries will close on 10/02/2019, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- Record Speeds shown in GREEN are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.
- Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in that class.
- VR* - those entrants marked with an "*" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2019 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
|783||Ken Robinson||Y||Y||783||MOTORCYCLE||2008 Suzuki 1350||1350||211||APS-F||411||Black||1350 APS-F||222.772||229.753|
|783||Ken Robinson||Y||Y||9783||MOTORCYCLE||Suzuki 500||500||207||APS-F||411||Black / Gold||500 APS-F||-||Open|
|1212||Matt Read||Y||Y||1212||CAR OR TRUCK||1994 BMW M3||F||108||PRO||346||White||F/PRO||168.856||168.856|
|1380||Steven Tatt||Y||Y||1380||MOTORCYCLE||1981 Honda CBX 1000||1350||211||M-CG||513||Silver||1350 M-CG||-||Open|
|1408||Jon Guidera||Y||1408||MOTORCYCLE||2011 Suzuki||750||209||M-G||455||Blue||750 M-G||-||163.368|
|1453||Rob Wekenborg||Y||Y||1453||MOTORCYCLE||1997 Harley Davidson||1350||211||M-PG||459||Silver / Black||1350 M-PG||128.406||153.714|
Thank you to our very generous and supportive Speed Week Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact our Marketing Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latest News
- Speed Week Program
- Advice for Drivers, Constructors, and Race Teams
- Advice for Spectators
- Advice for Media
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge and respect the Traditional Custodians whose ancestral lands we live and work upon and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present. We acknowledge and respect the deep spiritual connection and the relationship that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have to Country.
We also pay our respects to the cultural authority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their nations in South Australia, as well as those across Australia.