Speed Week 2019
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 4th March to Friday 8th March 2019
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you go in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truely unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficent.
- Pre-Entries will close approx 1 month prior to the event, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- Record Speeds shown in BLUE are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.
- Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in that class.
- VR* - those entrants marked with an "*" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2019 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
To enter Speed Week
Join, or renew, your membership
• You must be a DLRA member to enter Speed Week
• There is a once off joining fee to be a member of the club, this includes subscription for that year.
• Existing members will be receive a renewal notice to pay their annual subscription.
Complete your entry online (or download a form)
• Entry Form Clearly filled out & signed by Owner & Drivers / Riders.
• Secondary Drivers / Riders to fill out and sign Secondary Drivers / Riders Form
• Double Check your Computer Codes on your Entry Form .
• Medical Forms completely filled out, boxes checked, signed & dated.
• Entry form is not complete until payment has cleared
• Nominate for your volunteer duty
then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, then
• Registration Van opens Friday.
• Pick up your Entrant Pack containing a copy of your entry, a tech inspection sheet, program, wrist bands (All Drivers / Riders must present at Registration).
• New vehicles issued with DLRA Log Book.
• New Entrants (Rookies) Issued with DLRA Licence. • Listen to the Entrant and Rookie Orientation presentation.
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Registration area during business hours.
Go to Technical Inspection
• Tech Inspection opens Friday Afternoon
• You must take your DLRA Vehicle Log Book
• All Drivers / Riders with their personal safety gear must present at Tech Inspection. Remember to check the compliance labels and dates on your gear.
• Tender vehicles must be presented at the same time for inspection, fitted with all safety equipment.
• Return Inspection Sheet(s) to Registration to get your Inspection Sticker, no sticker - no race
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Inspection area during business hours
Attend the Drivers Briefing
• All Entrants must attend the drivers briefing held at the Tech Inspection Area in the pits at 4.00pm. on the Sunday afternoon. A roll will be called, if your name is not ticked off, you cannot race until you have attended a briefing. After the briefing there will be a drive of the track.
Entries for the 29th Annual 2019 Speed Week will open around October. As entries are received they will be added to this list.
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
Thank you to our very generous and supportive Speed Week Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact our Marketing Manager - email@example.com