Speed Week 2020
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 23rd March to Friday 27th March 2020
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you can go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.
For 2020 the DLRA will also be hosting the 2nd World Speed Trials Australia, inviting cars and bikes to make attempts on World and National Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) and Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme FIM records.
We are currently pursuing Sponsors for this event, if you or your organisation are looking for a great event to support please read the Sponsors Information
|06/11/2019||There was a lake inspection last weekend at the Working Bee. The salt is looking very good. Next inspection will be 2 weeks before Speed Week. Thanks to all the boys and girls for the work they did over the weekend,|
|01/10/2019||Volunteer nominations are NOW OPEN! It's mandatory for each entrant to do at least one job, but there are plenty of jobs, so anyone is welcome to help. (There are some jobs that require certain skills). So here's your chance to be a part of the action!|
|01/10/2019||Pre-Entries for Speed Week are NOW OPEN!|
To enter Speed Week
|Join, or renew, your membership
• You must be a DLRA member to enter Speed Week
• There is a once off joining fee to be a member of the club, this includes subscription for that year.
• Existing members will be receive a renewal notice to pay their annual subscription.
|Complete your entry on-line (or download a form)
• Entry Form Clearly filled out & signed by Owner & Drivers / Riders.
• If you are competing with same vehicle in another class, fill out the Additional Class entry form (to qualify for an entry discount)
then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, and then
• Registration Van opens Friday afternoon and then 7.00am till 6.00pm each day.
• All Entrants (no substitutes) must present at Registration to pick up your Entrant Pack containing a copy of your entry, a tech inspection sheet, program, wrist bands. Highly recommended for crew to attend as well.
|Go to Technical Inspection
• Tech Inspection opens Friday Afternoon
• You must take your DLRA Vehicle Log Book
• All Drivers / Riders with their personal safety gear must present at Tech Inspection. Remember to check the compliance labels and dates on your gear.
• Tender vehicles must be presented at the same time for inspection, fitted with all safety equipment.
• Return Inspection Sheet(s) to Registration to get your Inspection Sticker, no sticker - no race
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Inspection area during business hours
|Attend the Entrants Briefing
Entries for the 30th Annual 2020 Speed Week are NOW OPEN. As entries are received they will be added to this list.
- Pre-Entries will close on the 9th February, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- Record Speeds shown in GREEN are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.
- Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in that class.
- VR* - those entrants marked with an "*" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something. Failing to do a job at Speed Week means your results will not be published.)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2020 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
|178||Ronnie Stayt||V||178||MOTORCYCLE||2002 ZX12R Kawasaki||1350||211||M-BF||452||Green||1350 M-BF||166.728||166.728|
|251||Chris Hanlon||V||251||CAR OR TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||GL||333||Silver/Black||B/GL||-||251.397|
|251||Chris Hanlon||V||9251||CAR OR TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||FL||326||Silver/Black||B/FL||-||241.172|
|641||Jason Pointing||R||V||641||CAR OR TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||GL||333||Silver/Black||B/GL||-||251.397|
|641||Jason Pointing||R||V||9641||CAR OR TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||FL||326||Silver/Black||B/FL||-||241.172|
|747||Tom Rabold||V||747||CAR OR TRUCK||F86 Bellytank||F||108||FL||326||?||F/FL||-||Open|
|891||Paul Cox||V||891||MOTORCYCLE||2007 Honda||175||204||SC-G||431||Red/Black||175 SC-G||-||Open|
|965||Skip Telford||V||965||CAR OR TRUCK||1966 VW||G||212||BGCC||309||Blue||G/BGCC||-||122.440|
|1200||Dion Higgins||V||1200||MOTORCYCLE||2013 Higgins||3000||215||T-PBF||561||Blue/White||3000 T-PBF||-||Open|
|1203||Rebecca Robinson||V||1203||MOTORCYCLE||2011 Suzuki||1000||210||MPS-G||463||Black/Pink||1000 MPS-G||166.282||201.975|
|1265||Shannon Neyland||R||V||1265||MOTORCYCLE||2013 Higgins||3000||215||T-PF||563||Blue/White||3000 T-PF||-||Open|
|1380||Steven Tatt||V||1380||MOTORCYCLE||1981 Honda CBX||1350||211||M-CG||513||Silver||1350 M-CG||96.785||91.296|
|1408||Jon Guidera||V||1408||MOTORCYCLE||2011 Suzuki||750||209||M-G||455||Blue||750 M-G||150.653||163.368|
|1557||Michael Blackall||V||1557||MOTORCYCLE||2004 Suzuki||750||209||P-P||425||Blue/White||750 P-P||151.388||176.694|
|1610||Justin Moore||R||V||1610||MOTORCYCLE||1986 Yamaha||175||204||P-PC||500||Blue||175 P-PC||-||Open|
|1629||Jeffery Flynn||R||V||1629||MOTORCYCLE||2012 Sky Team Ace||175||204||APS-PG||416||Blue/White/Silver||175 APS-PG||-||Open|
|1630||Robert Mason||R||V||1630||MOTORCYCLE||1981 Honda||250||205||M-CG||513||Red||250 M-CG||-||Open|
|1633||Russell Harding||R||V||1633||MOTORCYCLE||1981 Yamaha||250||205||M-F||454||Silver||250 M-F||-||79.731|
|1642||Brad Forgeard||R||V||1642||MOTORCYCLE||1996 Kawasaki||750||209||M-G||455||Black||750 M-G||-||163.368|
|1644||Jay Graham||R||V||1644||MOTORCYCLE||2007 Kawasaki||1650||212||MPS-F||462||Pink/Black||1650 MPS-F||-||210.773|
- Latest News
- Speed Week Program
- Advice for Drivers, Constructors, and Race Teams
- Advice for Spectators
- Advice for Media
Support the DLRA