Speed Week 2020
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 23rd March to Friday 27th March 2020
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.
We are currently pursuing Sponsors for this event, if you or your organisation are looking for a great event to support please read the Sponsors Information
|01/10/2019||Pre-Entries are NOW OPEN!|
To enter Speed Week
|Join, or renew, your membership
• You must be a DLRA member to enter Speed Week
• There is a once off joining fee to be a member of the club, this includes subscription for that year.
• Existing members will be receive a renewal notice to pay their annual subscription.
|Complete your entry on-line (or download a form)
• Entry Form Clearly filled out & signed by Owner & Drivers / Riders.
• If you are competing with same vehicle in another class, fill out the Additional Class entry form (to qualify for an entry discount)
then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, and then
• Registration Van opens Friday.
• Listen to the Entrant and Rookie Orientation presentation.
|Go to Technical Inspection
• Tech Inspection opens Friday Afternoon
• You must take your DLRA Vehicle Log Book
• All Drivers / Riders with their personal safety gear must present at Tech Inspection. Remember to check the compliance labels and dates on your gear.
• Tender vehicles must be presented at the same time for inspection, fitted with all safety equipment.
• Return Inspection Sheet(s) to Registration to get your Inspection Sticker, no sticker - no race
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Inspection area during business hours
|Attend the Drivers Briefing
• All Entrants must attend the drivers briefing held at the Tech Inspection Area in the pits at 4.00pm. on the Sunday afternoon. A roll will be called, if your name is not ticked off, you cannot race until you have attended a briefing. After the briefing there will be a drive of the track. Rookies or first time entrants will have to attend a separate briefing
Entries for the 30th Annual 2020 Speed Week are NOW OPEN. As entries are received they will be added to this list.
- Pre-Entries will close on the 9th February, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- Record Speeds shown in GREEN are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.
- Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in that class.
- VR* - those entrants marked with an "*" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something. Failing to do a job at Speed Week means your results will not be published.)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2020 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
|251||Chris Hanlon||V||251||CAR/TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||GL||333||Silver/Black||B/GL||-||251.397|
|251||Chris Hanlon||V||9251||CAR/TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||FL||326||Silver/Black||B/FL||-||241.172|
|641||Jason Pointing||V||641||CAR/TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||GL||333||Silver/Black||B/GL||-||251.397|
|641||Jason Pointing||V||9641||CAR/TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||FL||326||Silver/Black||B/FL||-||241.172|
|747||Tom Rabold||V||747||CAR/TRUCK||F86 Bellytank||F||FL||326||?||F/FL||-||Open|
|1380||Steven Tatt||V||1380||MOTORCYCLE||1981 Honda CBX||1350||211||M-CG||513||Silver||1350 M-CG||96.785||91.296|
|1408||Jon Guidera||V||1408||MOTORCYCLE||2011 Suzuki||750||209||M-G||455||Blue||750 M-G||150.653||163.368|
|1557||Michael Blackall||V||1557||MOTORCYCLE||2004 Suzuki||750||209||P-P||425||Blue/White||750 P-P||151.388||176.694|
|1610||Justin Moore||R||V||1610||MOTORCYCLE||1986 Yamaha||175||204||P-PC||500||Blue||175 P-PC||-||Open|
|1629||Jeffery Flynn||R||V||1629||MOTORCYCLE||2012 Sky Team Ace||175||204||APS-PG||416||Blue/White/Silver||175 APS-PG||-||Open|
- Latest News
- Speed Week Program
- Advice for Drivers, Constructors, and Race Teams
- Advice for Spectators
- Advice for Media
Support the DLRA