As you all know Speed Week cannot operate without our volunteers, this register exists to ensure that we have the right number of volunteers where and when we need them. Even if you don't compete at Speed Week you are more then welcome to volunteer at Speed Week.
Each Speed Week Entrant or a member of their team must volunteer for at least one shift as part of their entry.
As an extra incentive, team members who nominate early will have a significant advantage when selecting their jobs and shifts, whereas later entries will have to take what ever jobs and shifts are left.
- A job is one shift of a particular task that has to be performed. The task may extend over a number of days.
- A shift is considered to be one half day. Some jobs by their nature, may be less than half a day.
- All jobs must have someone nominated to them before Speed Week can commence.
- If you nominate for a task at a particular time and you cannot for what ever reason fullfill this obligation, its up to YOU to find a replacement before your allotted time, otherwise the track will be closed.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
- Select a day from the list below.
- Fill in your details at the top of the page (name, team, member number, email address).
- Let us know if you have done this job before. This helps us make sure you get the right information.
- Tick the box for the shift you want to do.
- Respond to the disclaimer.
- Select the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page.
- You will then receive a confirmation email within the week.
Or email your name and member number and the tasks you want to do to email@example.com
Or post to
Dry Lakes Racers Australia
PO Box 349
Castlemaine VIC 3450
|Thursday 28th February 2019||50||50|
|Friday 1st March 2019||99||99|
|Saturday 2nd March 2019||82||82|
|Sunday 3rd March 2019||78||78|
|Monday 4th March 2019||96||96|
|Tuesday 5th March 2019||96||96|
|Wednesday 6th March 2019||96||96|
|Thursday 7th March 2019||96||96|
|Friday 8th March 2019||44||44|
|Friday 8th March 2019||57||57|
|Friday International 8th March 2019||36||30|
|Friday Set Up 8th March 2019||17||14|
|Saturday Racing 9th March 2019||60||48|
|Sunday Racing 10th March 2019||60||48|
|Monday Racing 11th March 2019||60||48|
|Monday Packup 11th March 2019||33||27|
To give you a guide as to what we are expecting from teams, if we have say 200 entries, that's 2 shifts per team. Not a big ask when you consider each shift is only for half a day and they can be spread over up to 8 to 10 days.
See a list of job types and descriptions here.
NOTE: The number of volunteers nominated to any job is considered to be the minimum requirement. There are a number of jobs where if we have more volunteers, the time allocated to the task can be reduced. This is partiularly true of some set up and pack up jobs. (This is using the many hands makes light work principle)
We are looking for a new Volunteer Coordinatorfor Speed Week 2018.
The Volunteer Coordinator can be found during Speed Week at the Vehicle Checkpoint at the edge of the lake. To enquire about volunteering during Speed Week head to the Vehicle Checkpoint.
Occupational Health and Safety
The DLRA is committed to providing a safe and practical workplace which will minimise risk to volunteers health and safety. As a registered volunteer you are covered by the DLRA's officials and Volunteers Insurance policy. To ensure your coverage, it is your responsability to sign on and off when undertaking your volunteer task during Speed Week.
NOTE: Each section leader will have a sign off sheet, it is the volunteers obligation to sign this sheet.
These people have already volunteered, why haven't you?
|Name & Entry #||Team||Job Description|
|Trevor Beck #298||Communications|
|Gary Brennan #329||Camp Director|
|Rob Carroll #12||Event Coordinator|
|Steve Charlton #151||Club Animal||Race Director|
|Shane Ciccozzi #944||Fuel Monitor|
|Harry DeRee #199||Club Animal||Chief Starter|
|Rod Drabsch #811||Setup|
|Bob Ellis #202||Technical Chairman|
|Carol Hadfield #1003||Registration|
|Graeme Hadley #441||Spigot of Sunshine||Chief Motorcycle Inspector|
|Peter Hulbert #1118||Timing|
|Craig Jericho #1183||Ambulance|
|Scott Lewis #1128||Doctor|
|Gary Satara #418||Big Gaz Racing||Lake Entry|
|Greg Telford #1049||Event Coordinator|
|Greg Wapling #226||Club Animal||Registration|
|Lionel West #272||Bronze Aussie||Chief Car Inspector|
|Bruce Willmot #1449||Chief Timer|