The DLRA has embarked on a campaign of influencing attitudes by educating motor sport participants and the general community about the dangers of illicit drug use, including damage to their health, their life time social responsibilities and, in particular, the health and safety implications of participating in motor sport while affected by drugs.
In addition to educating motor sport participants about the dangers associated with illicit drug use, DLRA Compliance Testing is carried out on licensed competitors and officials to detect illicit drugs and enforce penalties such as suspension or exclusion from meetings and drug counseling. This authority comes following DLRA Executive Committee approval of the new ‘DLRA Illicit Drugs in Sport (Safety Testing) Policy’ on 11 August 2016.
Educational material is continually being developed and updated via this website in order to communicate the key messages of the CAMS IDiS program to the motor sport community, including:
- Illicit drug use is harmful to your health
- Illicit drug use can affect your sporting performance
- Illicit drug use can affect your reputation and sporting career
- Illicit drug use can affect your team
- Illicit drug use can impact on the community who support you
- Participating in sport supports a healthy lifestyle.
In addition to the educational material that is available on this website, an interactive web-based e-learning system is currently under development by the Australian Government and will be made available to land speed participants upon completion.
Further materials, including illicit drug fact sheets, are available for download below.
Please follow the relevant links below to download a copy of the current policy and other associated documents.
- DLRA Illicit Drugs in Sport Policy [PDF]
- DLRA Illicit Drugs in Sport - banned drug list [PDF]
- DLRA Drug Testing Procedure [PDF]
- DLRA Medical Exemption Request Form [PDF]
- DLRA Testing - brochure [PDF]
- DLRA Medication Precautions brochure [PDF]
- IDiS illicit drugs fact sheets [PDF]
Learn More ...
- About the DLRA
- Meetings and Minutes
- DLRA Rulebook
- Operational Plan
- Members List
- Honour Roll
- Hall of Fame
- History of DLRA
- DLRA in Print
- Frequently Asked Questions