DLRA Accredited Officials
The DLRA Officiating Program was established for the grading, licensing, training and recognition of volunteer land speed racing officials.
The purpose of the Officiating Program is to:
- Ensure that land speed racing officials are highly skilled
- Provide knowledge of roles and rules
- Demonstrate ethical performance of duties
- Foster personal pride and a respect for the sport
- Provide efficient management
- Achieve local, national and international recognition
TRAINING UNDER THE Officiating Program
DLRA provides a number of training courses and programs to accredit volunteer officials under the Officiating Program. This ensures officials have the correct knowledge and skill set required for the role they perform.
The Officiating Program also provides the framework for the structure and grading of officials' licenses and the process of obtaining, maintaining and renewing a DLRA Officials' Licence.
To learn more about DLRA training, licence structure and upgrading, click on the links to the left.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the Officiating Program, Accredited Officials are subject to a number of rights, responsibilities and a code of ethics.
The Rights of land speed racing Officials.
Land speed racing officials have the right to expect that:
- Their health and safety are of prime importance
- They are treated with respect
- They are appointed to a level of competition appropriate to their level of competence
- They have access to self-improvement opportunities
LAND SPEED RACING OFFICIALS CODE OF ETHICS
- Place safety and welfare above all else
- Accept responsibility for all actions taken
- Be impartial
- Avoid any situation that may lead to a conflict of interest
- Be courteous, respectful and open to interaction
- Seek continual self-improvement through training, performance appraisal and regular updating of competencies
- Be positive role models in behaviour and personal appearance
- Maintain equal opportunity and harassment free sport practices
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Good sportsmanship
- Integrity, including not gambling
- Compliance with the law
- Consideration of DLRA, event organisers and key stakeholders
- Compliance to venue rules
- Compliance to health, safety and other issues
- Respect of intellectual property
- Appropriate appearance
- Exercise common sense
The rights of land speed racing officials and code of ethics is covered in further detail in the DLRA Member Protection Policy, available on the DLRA Website.