Speed Week 2021
31st Annual Speed Week (Take 2)
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 8th March to Friday 12th March 2021
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you can go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.
Please read this and feel free to pass it on to others.
Now that entries are open and we have a few coming in, we'd like to make the following observations.
• You must submit a completed 2021 Entry Form (do not just write "the same as last year")
• You must answer all questions the Medical Declaration or supply the Medical Examination form signed by a Medical Practioner.
• You must sign or agree to all disclaimers.
• Make sure you fill out the COVID-19 Contact Tracing record. If you don't you are just going to be held up even longer at Lake Entry or Registration
• Membership annual subscriptions are now due and payable for the 2021 year. Entries are not accepted unless you are financial. There is no roll-over for subscriptions.
• In-completed forms will NOT accepted or processed and will be returned to you.
Your assistance in this is appreciated.
|29/10/2020||DLRA Newsletter Issue 71 October 2020 published
All participants entering the the lake must sign in on the CONTACT TRACING RECORD and provide the date and time that they attended Speed Week as well as their name, phone number, and email address. This information will be used for the purposes of contract tracing only and will not be shared or sold to a third party. If you cannot or choose not to provide your details and sign the agreement, access to the event will respectfully be refused.
|29/10/2020||Online Booking System now open
|29/10/2020||Volunteer Register now open
|29/10/2020||Speed Week 2021 Entry Forms Released
|13/08/2020||DLRA Newsletter Issue 70 July 2020 published
August General Meeting Canceled
|03/07/2020||DLRA Newsletter Issue 69 July 2020 published
May General Meeting Canceled
The next General Meeting is planned for the 16th of August, hopefully by then we will be in a much more favourable position.
|25/04/2020||DLRA Newsletter Issue 68 April 2020 published
At the April DLRA Committee meeting it was decided that under the current circumstances and with the losses incurred by having to cancel 2 events in 2020, that the DLRA could not afford to proceed with the a World Speed Trials Australia event for 2021 unless a very significant sponsor was to come on board.
We are currently pursuing Sponsors for this event, if you or your organisation are looking for a great event to support please read the Sponsors Information
To enter Speed Week
|Join, or renew, your membership
• You must be a DLRA member to enter Speed Week
• There is a once off joining fee to be a member of the club, this includes subscription for that year.
• Existing members will be receive a renewal notice to pay their annual subscription.
|Complete your entry on-line (or download a form)
NOTE: If you are Rolling Over an entry from 2020, you MUST fill out a 2021 entry Form
• Entry Form Clearly filled out & signed by Owner & Drivers / Riders.
• If you are competing with same vehicle in another class, fill out the Additional Class entry form (to qualify for an entry discount)
then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, and then
|Head to Registration
• Registration Van opens Friday afternoon and then 7.00am till 6.00pm each day.
• All Entrants (no substitutes) must present at Registration to pick up your Entrant Pack containing a copy of your entry, a tech inspection sheet, program, wrist bands. Highly recommended for crew to attend as well.
|Go to Technical Inspection
• Tech Inspection opens Friday Afternoon
• You must take your DLRA Vehicle Log Book
• All Drivers / Riders with their personal safety gear must present at Tech Inspection. Remember to check the compliance labels and dates on your gear.
• Tender vehicles must be presented at the same time for inspection, fitted with all safety equipment.
• Return Inspection Sheet(s) to Registration to get your Inspection Sticker, no sticker - no race
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Inspection area during business hours
|Attend the Entrants Briefing
- Pre-Entries will close on 14th February 2021, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- Record Speeds shown are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.
- Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in the nominated class.
- VR* - those entrants marked with an "*" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2021 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
Entries for the Speed Week will open on 31st October 2020. As entries are received they will be added to the list below.
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
|178||Ronnie Stayt||V||178||MOTORCYCLE||2002 ZX12R Kawasaki||1350||211||MPS-BF||460||Black||1350 MPS-BF||215.221||235.750|
|251||Chris Hanlon||V||9251||CAR OR TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||FL||326||Silver/Black||B/FL||-||241.172|
|519||Richard Assen||V||519||MOTORCYCLE||2017 Assen Special||1350||211||APS-BF||409||Grey||1350 APS-BF||202.077||212.477|
|641||Jason Pointing||R||V||641||CAR OR TRUCK||2019 Lakester||B||104||GL||333||Silver/Black||B/GL||-||251.397|
|645||Terrance Coles||V||645||MOTORCYCLE||1987 Harley Davidson||1350||211||M-PG||459||Black||1350 M-PG||150||153.714|
|874||David Merritt||V||874||MOTORCYCLE||1978 Yamaha||500||207||M-G||455||Yellow||500 M-G||104.0||128.091|
|913||Peter Curran||V||913||MOTORCYCLE||1988 Honda||250||205||M-F||454||Black||250 M-F||-||79.731|
|965||Skip Telford||V||965||CAR OR TRUCK||1966 VW||G||109||BGCC||309||Blue||G/BGCC||-||122.440|
|1218||JP Afflick||V||1218||MOTORCYCLE||2020 Bidalot||50cc||201||APS-F||411||Blue||50 APS-F||-||Open|
|1291||Martin Powditch||V||1291||MOTORCYCLE||2004 Suzuki||650||208||APS-F||411||Yellow||650 APS-F||141.176||141.176|
|1380||Steven Tatt||V||1380||MOTORCYCLE||1981 Honda CBX||1350||211||M-CG||513||Silver||1350 M-CG||96.785||91.296|
|1475||Jeffrey Solomano||V||1475||MOTORCYCLE||1968 Sprite||250||205||A-CG||404||Green||250 A-CG||-||Open|
|1475||Jeffrey Solomano||V||91475||MOTORCYCLE||Kawaski||125||203||MPS-F||462||Green||125 MPS-F||-||77.253|
|1557||Michael Blackall||V||1557||MOTORCYCLE||2018 BMW 1000 RR||1000||210||MPS-G||463||Blue/White||1000 MPS-G||-||201.975|
|1570||Peter Emery||V||1570||MOTORCYCLE||2006 Honda 1100||1350cc||211||P-P||425||Black||1350 P-P||170.229||209.839|
|1579||Shane Wilcox||V||1579||MOTORCYCLE||1994 Yamaha||125||203||APS-G||412||Red/White||125 APS-G||123.123||125.086|
|1579||Shane Wilcox||V||91579||MOTORCYCLE||1980 Honda||100||202||APS-G||412||Red||100 APS-G||-||91.700|
|1598||Michael Stuart||V||1598||MOTORCYCLE||2014 Royal Enfield||650||208||MPS-PG||208||Red||650 MPS-PG||-||110.604|
|1599||Carlyle Bennett||V||1599||MOTORCYCLE||1994 Yamaha||125||203||APS-G||412||Red/White||125 APS-G||121.298||125.086|
|1599||Carlyle Bennett||V||91599||MOTORCYCLE||1980 Honda||100||202||M-CG||513||Red||100 M-CG||Open|
|1610||Justin Moore||R||V||1610||MOTORCYCLE||1986 Yamaha||175||204||P-PC||500||Blue||175 P-PC||-||Open|
|1629||Jeffery Flynn||R||V||1629||MOTORCYCLE||2012 Sky Team Ace||175||204||APS-PG||416||Blue/White/Silver||175 APS-PG||-||Open|
|1642||Brad Forgeard||R||V||1642||MOTORCYCLE||1996 Kawasaki||750||209||M-G||455||Black||750 M-G||-||163.368|
|1712||Rick Hutcheson||R||V||1712||MOTORCYCLE||2006 Kawasaki||1650||212||M-G||455||Black||1650 M-G||-||189.873|
- Latest News
- Speed Week Program
- Advice for Drivers, Constructors, and Race Teams
- Advice for Spectators
- Advice for Media
Support the DLRA