Speed Week 2021
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 8th March to Friday 12th March 2021
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you can go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.
May General Meeting Cancelled
The next General Meeting is planned for the 16th of August, hopefully by then we will be in a much more favourable position.
|25/04/2020||DLRA Newsletter Issue 68 April 2020 published
|14/04/2020||At the April DLRA Committee meeting it was decided that under the current circumstances and with the losses incurred by having to cancel 2 events in 2020, that the DLRA could not afford to proceed with the a World Speed Trials Australia event for 2021 unless a very significant sponsor was to come on board.
The dates for Speed Week 2021 were confirmed.
We are currently pursuing Sponsors for this event, if you or your organisation are looking for a great event to support please read the Sponsors Information
To enter Speed Week
|Join, or renew, your membership
• You must be a DLRA member to enter Speed Week
• There is a once off joining fee to be a member of the club, this includes subscription for that year.
• Existing members will be receive a renewal notice to pay their annual subscription.
|Complete your entry on-line (or download a form)
• Entry Form Clearly filled out & signed by Owner & Drivers / Riders.
• If you are competing with same vehicle in another class, fill out the Additional Class entry form (to qualify for an entry discount)
then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, and then
• Registration Van opens Friday afternoon and then 7.00am till 6.00pm each day.
• All Entrants (no substitutes) must present at Registration to pick up your Entrant Pack containing a copy of your entry, a tech inspection sheet, program, wrist bands. Highly recommended for crew to attend as well.
|Go to Technical Inspection
• Tech Inspection opens Friday Afternoon
• You must take your DLRA Vehicle Log Book
• All Drivers / Riders with their personal safety gear must present at Tech Inspection. Remember to check the compliance labels and dates on your gear.
• Tender vehicles must be presented at the same time for inspection, fitted with all safety equipment.
• Return Inspection Sheet(s) to Registration to get your Inspection Sticker, no sticker - no race
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Inspection area during business hours
|Attend the Entrants Briefing
- Pre-Entries will close approx 1 month prior to the event, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- Record Speeds shown in BLUE are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.
- Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in that class.
- VR* - those entrants marked with an "*" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2021 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
Entries for the 31st Annual 2021 Speed Week will open in October. As entries are received they will be added to the list below.
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
- Latest News
- Speed Week Program
- Advice for Drivers, Constructors, and Race Teams
- Advice for Spectators
- Advice for Media
Support the DLRA