Speed Week 2018
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 12th March to Friday 16th March
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you go in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truely unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficent.
New for 2018 is the WORLD SPEED TRIALS. This is an FIM regulated event for motorcycles and will run from Saturday 17th March to Monday 19th March 2018. For all information go to the DLRA World Speed Trails page or the World Speed Trails website
- DLRA to host World Speed Trials Australia [PDF]
- Overseas Racers to feature at DLRA Speed Week 2018 [PDF]
- Entries for the 28th Annual 2018 Speed Week are NOW OPEN. As entries are received they will be added to this list below.
Download a Speed Week 2018 Entry form
ONLINE Entries - NOW OPEN
Volunteers Register is NOW OPEN
Pre-Entries will close on 4th March 2018, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- 2018 DLRA Rulebook is now available online
- Vehicle Class - entrants are advised to check in the current Rulebook that they are in the appropriate class. Technical Inspectors will now be checking for class suitability.
Car Entrants, please make sure you check the dates on your Safety Equipment before you get to the salt;
- Arm Restraints - 2006 to Present
- Seat Belts - Max 5 Years Old
- Fire Bottles - Certified/Recertified within the past 2 years
- Helmets - Snell 2010 or Newer
- Fire Doors in Special Construction vehicles
New vehicles, entrants who are presenting a new vehicle for technical inspection are strongly recommended to make it available on the Friday or Saturday before Speed Week as they take a lot longer to check. Each vehicle requires 2 inspectors and vehicles capable of over 175 mph require 3 inspectors.
Inspections once racing has commenced on the Monday are by appointment only.
To enter Speed Week
|Join, or renew, your membership|
|Complete your entry online (or download a form)|
|then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, then|
|Head to Registration|
|Go to Technical Inspection|
|Attend the Drivers Briefing|
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
|454||Jeff Lemon||V||454||MOTORCYCLE||2012 Kawasaki||1650cc||212||P-P||425||Green||1650 P-P||197.314||208.153|
|484||Bob Lambert||V||484||MOTORCYCLE||1988 CBR250 MC19||250cc||204||A-BF||401||Black||250 A-BF||110.328*||Open|
|965||Skip Telford||R||V||965||CAR OR TRUCK||1966 VW||G||332||GCC||Grey||G/GCC||-||Open|
|1016||John Kirchner||V||1016||MOTORCYCLE||1981 Suzuki 1100||1350cc||211||MPSC-G||463||Blue||1350 MPSC-G||-||Open|
|1062||Jamie Lennon||R||V||1062||CAR OR TRUCK||1968 Jaguar XJ6 Sedan||E||107||CPRO||370||Black||E/CPRO||-||122.390|
|1197||Robert Wilson||V||1197||MOTORCYCLE||1988 CBR250 MC19||250cc||204||A-BF||401||Black||250 A-BF||Open|
|1212||Matt Read||V||1212||CAR OR TRUCK||1994 BMW M3||F||108||PRO||346||White||F/PRO||165.708||165.708|
|1380||Steven Tatt||V||1380||MOTORCYCLE||1981 Honda CBX 1000||1350cc||211||M-G||455||Silver||1350 M-G||-||202.714|
|1477||Russell Diffey||R||V||1477||MOTORCYCLE||1923 Anzani||1350cc||211||M-VF||474||Silver/Green||1350 M-VF||-||158.73|
|1482||Tony Lam||R||V||1482||MOTORCYCLE||2015 Kawasaki||1000cc||210||M-BF||452||Grey||1000 M-BF||-||Open|
- Record Speeds shown in BLUE are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in that class. " * " indicates that the speed shown was not eligible for a record.
- VR - those entrants marked with an "V" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2018 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
Thank you to our very generous and supportive Speed Week 2017 Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor for 2017? Contact our Marketing Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org