Speed Week 2022
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 28th February to Friday 4th March 2022
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you can go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.
|01/11/2021||South Australia Covid-19 Restrictions update: Internally they are currently at Level 1 which is just above no restrictions at all. International arrivals are required to undergo 14 day quarantine along with days 1, 5 and 13 testing. Interstate travellers are required to complete border registration and check-in with SA Police. Currently Victoria, ACT and New South Wales travellers are prohibited from entering South Australia.
South Australia will ease its border restrictions for double-vaccinated people from November 23 and there will be 7 days quarantine for vaccinated international travellers, 14 days for unvaccinated authorised arrivals. COVID-19 management plans remain.
|01/10/2021||Entry forms and tickets for Speed Week 2022 released|
|16/06/2021||Entry forms and tickets for Speed Week 2022 will be released in October 2022|
All participants entering the the lake must sign in on the CONTACT TRACING RECORD and provide the date and time that they attended Speed Week as well as their name, phone number, and email address. This information will be used for the purposes of contract tracing only and will not be shared or sold to a third party.
If you cannot or choose not to provide your details and sign the agreement, access to the event will respectfully be refused.
We are currently pursuing Sponsors for this event, if you or your organisation are looking for a great event to support please read the Sponsors Information
To enter Speed Week
|Join, or renew, your membership
• You must be a DLRA member to enter Speed Week
• There is a once off joining fee to be a member of the club, this includes subscription for that year.
• Existing members will be receive a renewal notice to pay their annual subscription.
|Complete your entry on-line (or download a form)
• First thing to do is nominate for your VOLUNTEER DUTY When you apply online you will be given a code to use on your entry form. If you don't apply online nominate for a job and a day and this will be confirmed by the coordinator.
(Your entry form is not compete without nominating for at least one job)
• Entry Form Clearly filled out & signed by Owner & Drivers / Riders.
• If you are competing with same vehicle in another class, fill out the Additional Class entry form (to qualify for an entry discount)
then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, and then
• Registration Van opens Friday afternoon and then 7.00am till 6.00pm each day.
• All Entrants (no substitutes) must present at Registration to pick up your Entrant Pack containing a copy of your entry, a tech inspection sheet, program, wrist bands. Highly recommended for crew to attend as well.
|Go to Technical Inspection
• Tech Inspection opens Friday Afternoon
• You must take your DLRA Vehicle Log Book
• All Drivers / Riders with their personal safety gear must present at Tech Inspection. Remember to check the compliance labels and dates on your gear.
• Tender vehicles must be presented at the same time for inspection, fitted with all safety equipment.
• Return Inspection Sheet(s) to Registration to get your Inspection Sticker, no sticker - no race
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Inspection area during business hours
|Attend the Entrants Briefing
Entries for the 32nd Annual 2022 Speed Week will open in October 2021. As entries are received they will be added to this list.
- Pre-Entries will close approx 1 month prior to the event, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- Record Speeds shown in BLUE are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.
- Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in that class.
- VR* - those entrants marked with an "*" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2022 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
|178||Ronnie Stayt||PSI0122||178||2002 ZX12 Kawasaki||MOTORCYCLE||1350cc||211||MPS-BF||460||Black||1350 MPS-BF||215.221||235.740|
|519||Richard Assen||SUT0422||519||2016 Assen||MOTORCYCLE||1350cc||211||APS-BF||409||Grey||1350 APS-BF||213.943||212.477|
|965||Skip Telford||965||1966 Volkswagen||CAR OR TRUCK||G||109||BGCC||309||Black||G/BGCC||113.205||122.440|
|1203||Rebecca Robinson||BTECH0222||1203||Suzuki 1000||MOTORCYCLE||1000cc||210||MPS-G||463||Black/Pink||1000 MPS-G||166.282||201.975|
|1212||Matt Read||MCH1022||1212||1994 BMW||CAR OR TRUCK||F||108||PRO||346||White||F/PRO||168.856||168.856|
|1212||Matt Read||MCH1022||91212||1994 BMW||CAR OR TRUCK||F||108||GCC||332||White||F/GCC||-||Open|
|1218||Jean-Paul Afflick||SUT10222||1218||2020 Afflick||MOTORCYCLE||50cc||201||APS-F||411||Top 1 Oil BLUE||50 APS-F||96.875||96.875|
|1275||Peter Max||MCH2122 MCH2222||1275||1994 Mercedes||CAR OR TRUCK||C||105||GT||337||Dark Blue||C-GT||-||Open|
|1291||Martin Powditch||SUT20122||1291||2008 Suzuki||MOTORCYCLE||250cc||205||APS-F||411||Blue||250 APS-F||-||Open|
|1379||Bruce Cooper||CTECH0522||1379||1936 Hudson Terraplane sedan||CAR OR TRUCK||B||104||CBFALT||364||Black||B/CBFALT||-||Open|
|1380||Steven Tatt||MCH0522||1380||1981 HONDA||MOTORCYCLE||1350||211||M-CG||513||Silver||1350 M-CG||91.296||91.296|
|1381||John Harvey||CTECH0522||1381||1936 Hudson Terraplane sedan||CAR OR TRUCK||B||104||CBFALT||364||Black||B/CBFALT||195.635||Open|
|1382||Darren Banks||CTECH0622||1382||1936 Hudson Terraplane sedan||CAR OR TRUCK||B||104||CBFALT||364||Black||B/CBFALT||200.879||Open|
|1393||Nikki Brearley||MCH0121||1393||1987 Honda||MOTORCYCLE||250cc||205||A-G||404||Black||250 A-G||97.089||97.089|
|1393||Nikki Brearley||MCH0121||91393||1987 Honda||MOTORCYCLE||250cc||205||A-F||403||Black||250 A-F||-||103.591|
|1396||Robert Brown||1396||1978 Suzuki GP100||MOTORCYCLE||100cc||202||P-P||425||Blue||100 P-P||54.5||74.715|
|1408||Jon Guidera||1408||2011 Suzuki||MOTORCYCLE||750cc||209||M-G||455||Blue||750 M-G||170.940||163.368|
|1446||John Castles||PS10122||1446||2004 Honda||MOTORCYCLE||500cc||207||M-F||454||Red||500 M-F||105.637||121.237|
|1557||Michael Blackall||T1PU22||1557||2018 BMW S1000 RR||MOTORCYCLE||1000cc||210||MPS-G||463||White/Red/Blue||1000 MPS-G||173.808||201.975|
|1610||Justin Moore||R||1610||1986 Yamaha Solo||MOTORCYCLE||175cc||204||P-PC||500||Blue||175 P-PC||-||Open|
|1632||Richard Harding||1632||1981 Yamaha||MOTORCYCLE||350cc||206||M-F||454||Blue||350 M-F||-||Open|
|1633||Russell Harding||1633||1981 Yamaha||MOTORCYCLE||250cc||205||M-G||455||Orange||250 M-G||-||120.417|
|1655||Thomas Weitcher||1655||2016 Suzuki||MOTORCYCLE||1350cc||211||P-P||425||Black||1350 P-P||-||209.839|
|1709||Andrew Butcher||BTECH0122||1709||1925 Triumph||MOTORCYCLE||500cc||207||M-VBG||473||French Grey||500 M-VBG||-||Open|
|1745||Mark Goodchild||1745||1983 Suzuki||MOTORCYCLE||750cc||209||P-PC||500||Silver/Blue||750 P-PC||-||Open|
|1764||Murray Johnson||R||SL20322||1764||1993 Honda||MOTORCYCLE||250cc||205||A-BG||402||Red||250 A-BG||-||Open|
|1764||Murray Johnson||R||SL20322||91764||1993 Honda||MOTORCYCLE||250cc||205||APS-BG||410||Red||250 APS-BG||-||Open|
Thank you to our very generous and supportive Speed Week Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact our Marketing Manager - email@example.com
Support the DLRA